Information Collected by Sedd
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable users to discover and share information with one another. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our Sedd users:
- Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.Registration: In order for you to use Sedd services, such as submitting new links to the website, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information (including your full name, city, state and e-mail address).
User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as a bio, favorite URLs, and your other social media profiles. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile.
- Automatic Information:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Sedd automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, Sedd cookie information, and the page you requested. Sedd uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.Sedd may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Sedd will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
Sedd is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission. Sedd may send out e-mails with Sedd-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from Sedd, which inform you of actions (e.g. friend requests) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. sedd cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information
Because Sedd enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use Sedd is an integral part of the Sedd experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- Sedd Personnel: Sedd personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Sedd business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Sedd, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other Sedd users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on Sedd where we allow you to tell other Sedd users about yourself and your interests. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Privacy Settings section of your User Profile.
- Social sharing of data: Sedd allows other users to browse stories that you have submitted, Voted or commented on. This information is made available publicly via your User Profile or within the permalink URL of the story on which you performed the action. Sedd may choose to post this data on other site features.
- Friends’ Activity: Much like other online social networks, Sedd allows non-friends to browse your friends’ activity.
- API: Sedd will allow third parties access to all Sedd data this is already publicly available through the Sedd website. Sedd will keep private any passwords.
- Syndication: Sedd allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the Sesd website.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information Secure
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
- You may request deletion of your Digg account by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other Sedd users, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message.
- However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the Sedd website. As a result, Sedd does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that Sedd has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Conditions of Use